Depression affects 121 million people worldwide.
Depression is treatable. You can feel better.
Depression, without treatment can be a devastating illness. It interferes in work life, relationships, health and quality of life. It debilitates and can quite possible lead to suicide. It effects not only the afflicted but loved ones as well. Some depression can be treated by certain types of psychotherapy alone, such as cognitive-behavioral and interpersonal, without proper treatment depression can lead to self-destructive habits in order to cope with the extreme psychological pain depression can cause. Alcohol abuse, over eating, gambling and over-spending are just a few ways depressed individuals cope with how bad they feel.
If you recognize a majority of the following symptoms then you may be dealing with depression:
• Lack of interest in pleasurable activities
• Overwhelming feelings of guilt and shame
• Chronic weight gain or weight loss
• Irritability and oversensitivity
• Wakefulness or sleeping too much
• Ruminating and negative thoughts
• Increase use of alcohol, prescription drugs or other self-medicating behaviors
• Difficulty following through and getting started
Ask Your Questions for Dr. Pilar
Feel free to contact me or make an appointment now.
I am happy to provide a free 30-minute interview in my office at a time convenient for both of us.
Tel: (619) 884-1966
3356 Second Avenue, Ste E
San Diego, CA 92103